Recognitions for the best restaurants were presented at the 2021 Audi-Dining Guide Restaurant of the Year Awards Gala on Monday. The main prize, the Audi-Dining Guide’s Restaurant of the Year Award, went to the restaurant Stand, led by chefs Tamás Széll and Szabina Szulló.
The winner of the Rural Restaurant of the Year award was the Platán Gourmet Restaurant of Tata, while the Alternative Restaurant of the Year Award was given to the Pizza, Coffee and World Peace in Miskolc and Debrecen.
The Young Chef of the Year was Ádám Mede, the manager of Laurel Budapest’s kitchen, while the Service Man of the Year was Gergely Bajusz, the defining figure of Avalon Ristorante.
Mihályi Patisserie received the Confectionery of the Year Award in 2021, while the Sustainability Award, presented for the second time, was won by Salt Budapest.
The Lifetime Achievement Award went to Árpád László, the owner of Robinson Restaurant, while Promising Restaurant of the Year was awarded to the newly opened Spago by Wolfgang Puck Budapest.
For the first time this year, the Dining Guide presented the Fair Play Award, which rewarded the restaurant that handled the epidemic the best for its employees. This award went to the owners of the Rosenstein Restaurant. The restaurant has also won The Most Loved Restaurant of the Year Award.
Zoltán Herczeg, the responsible publisher of the Dining Guide, emphasizes that the TOP100 Restaurant Guide aims to assess the performance of Hungarian restaurants from the perspective of consumers visiting the restaurant and recommend them to readers.
This year’s testing was special because it gave me limited time, and a lot of restaurants weren’t even open, Herczeg said.
The winners of the 2021 Audi-Dining Guide Restaurant of the Year Awards Gala
Audi-Dining Guide Restaurant of the Year Award: Stand
- Dining Guide – Floewater Sustainability Award – SALT
- Dining Guide – Johnnie Walker Lifetime Achievement Award – László Árpád, Robinson Restaurant
- Dining Guide – Unicum Riserva Fair Play Award – Rosenstein Restaurant
- Dining Guide – Törley Champagne Winery Restaurant of the Year Award – Rosenstein Restaurant
- Dining Guide Confectionery of the Year Award – Mihályi Patisserie
- Dining Guide – Unicum Barista Service Person of the Year Award – Gergely Bajusz, Avalon Ristorante
- Dining Guide – XIXO Alternative Restaurant of the Year Award – Pizza, Coffee, World Peace – Debrecen
- Dining Guide – Master Good Promising Restaurant of the Year Award – Spago Budapest
- Dining Guide – Kalumba Young Chef of the Year Award – Ádám Mede, Laurel Budapest
- Dining Guide Rural Restaurant of the Year Award – Platán Gourmet Restaurant
Top 10 +2 restaurants:
- Stand Restaurant – Tamás Széll, Szabina Szulló, chefs
- Pasztell Restaurant – János Erdei, chef
- Platán Gourmet Restaurant – István Pesti, chef
- Rumor by Rácz Jenő – Jenő Rácz, chef
- Salt Budapest – Szilárd Tóth, chef
- Textúra – Ákos Sárközi, chef
- Arany Kaviár Restaurant – László Kanász, chef
- Essência Restaurant – Tiago Sabarigo, chef
- Laurel Budapest – Ádám Mede, chef
- Stand 25 Bisztró – Tamás Széll, Szabina Szulló, chefs
- Bisztró42 – Ádám Barna, chef
- Anyukám Mondta Étterem – Szabolcs Dudás, chef