Startups from three continents and nine countries applied for the first Virtual Mentoring Program of Design Terminal, which ended last Friday after 10 weeks.
The 11 participating teams in the Final Show were the following startups:
- Donatero is redefining how people can donate to do good.
- SMAPP develops digital moth traps.
- Upsoo is innovating recruitment in the food industry.
- Proworx Digital offers unique solutions for sales and marketing.
- Fleet Simplify offers a vehicular fleet management service.
- Sweet City gathers all the finest sweets onto a common platform.
- Saffy Water uses innovative technology for water purification.
- Kider App helps parents find the most appropriate activity for their children.
- BIRD-TECH saves birds from electric shocks on medium-voltage networks.
- Briefly connects companies and advertising freelancers on its platform.
- ExaMe optimizes study material for university entrance exams on smartphones.
The teams participated in online lectures, workshops, and mentoring. Founders of startups from Kenya, Egypt and Chile also joined the Hungarian startups in the virtual space, and community building was a key focus this semester.
The closing event was streamed on Facebook on the evening of July 16. Sweet City received the most recognition for being the most advanced startup, while Briefly was named the audience favorite.
Applications are already open for the fall semester.