Shoppers will soon be able to purchase the best Hungarian products on the market at INTERSPAR stores across the country.
For the past two months, a cooperation initiative between SPAR and the Agricultural Marketing Center (AMC) has been searching for creative, sustainable food products that are not widely available on the Hungarian market. The winning products selected will be placed on the shelves of 34 INTERSPAR stores across Hungary in 2020.
The competition attracted huge interest from across Hungary. In total, 269 entries were received. During the final on September 28, competing teams held public pitches and presentations to showcase their products.
The foods were judged by a jury of experienced professionals who are knowledgeable in areas such as food and beverage production and the use of environmentally-friendly technologies. The jury ranked the competing teams’ projects on a scale of 1-5 based primarily on their innovative nature, packaging quality and marketability.
Winners of the 2019 innovation competition:
· Vagamary Ltd. – Chilled desserts
· Piros Gábor small producer – Smoked quail eggs
· Prizma-Bautim Ltd. – Spreadable fats
· Attila Fejes – Soup base with onion
· Hétvezér Product Ltd. – Sausage and salami specialties
· Anjuna Ice Pops Ltd. – Ice creams
· Shrub Hungary Ltd. – Soft drinks
· Mendula Bakery Ltd. – Granola
· Caro Ferina Game Meat Processing Ltd. – Pâtés
· Homokhátság Szíve Social Cooperative – Sauces and jams
In light of the competition’s great success and the many outstanding local entries, the organizers are already planning to continue the contest next year.