For the first time in Hungary, one of the biggest and most interesting dog-friendly initiatives, the Dog-Friendly Places 2019 competition has been launched by kutyabarat.hu. The “Dog-friendly Places of the Year” competition is aimed primarily at businesses that allow dog owners to bring their pets on-site.
“All dog-friendly sites participating in the competition are winners,” said Hajnalka Sziládi-Kovács, one of the founders of kutyabarat.hu. “Not only by gaining the trust of responsible dog owners, but by their attitude of conveying a dog-friendly spirit and promoting responsible dog keeping.”
One of the main goals of the campaign is to focus on dog-friendliness, domestic dog-friendly services and responsible dog keeping.
The competition received 127 entries in 11 categories this year, which will be held in October each year moving forward. A total of 41 prizes were awarded in 11 categories, in addition to audience awards, jury prizes and the campaign partners’ award.
- HeloVelo Bike & Cafe, Pápa (Shop category)
- Pécs Plaza, Pécs (Shopping mall category)
- Márton cukrászda, Balatonlelle (Confectionery category)
- Keménydió, Budapest (Ruin Pub / Wine Bar / Brewery category)
- Várkert kávézó, Mosonmagyaróvár (Countryside coffee shop category)
- Zománc bisztrócska, Vászoly (Countryside restaurant category)
- Vasmacska KávéZoo, Budapest (Budapest coffee shop category)
- BB’z Bar & Grill (Budapest restaurant category)
- Menedék. A szállás., Felsőtárkány (Pension / guesthouse category)
- Tisza Balneum Hotel, Tiszafüred (Hotel category)
- Hello Event, Budapest (Workplace category)
You can see all the winners here.